In order to build a marketing strategy for a resort, you need a solid knowledge of this business model. In the article below, Hotel Link will share some suggestions on how to design a successful marketing strategy.
Why do resorts need marketing strategies?
Resort is one of the special accommodation services. Unlike the business model of homestay, hotel, etc., resort is a complex of many types of business for tourists including accommodation services, spa, gym, swimming pool, sauna, restaurant, casino, or golf…
Because of its particular purpose, the resort needs to have a separate marketing strategy. To complement your strategy ideas, here are some contents you can refer to.
Marketing strategy for resort to break through the revenue
Here are some basic tips to help you capture and build an effective resort marketing plan, which aim to break the revenue.
Far from other types of accommodation businesses, resorts offer more luxury experience for guests through various services and its sophistication of customer service. Therefore, resorts need to build the most superfine and high-class brand image.
Identify the brand’s target audience
For the resort services genre, you can find the right customer base characterized by:
- Age: most potential customers are aged from 35 years old and above or the family group guests. Though this may not be completely true, it always accounts for a high percentage because these customers possibly afford for their stays at resorts and they tend to prefer leisure travels.
- Income: the average income of potential customers is usually high. Normally it could be from 10 million VND per month.
- Hobbies: The resort’s trait is relaxation, and accommodation as well. So it is necessary to hit strongly on customers who have interest in resort tourism.
Meet the customer needs
It is the key to meet the needs of customers in the resort model. Below are some basic customers’ needs when they’re looking for appropriate resorts:
- Comfortable room: rooms/ apartments or villas must have full facilities.
- Design: the resort style should attach to the local cultures and specialties. Moreover, most guests choose resorts as they want to get away from the busy pace of life and seek for peace, quietness. Resorts need to make guests feel close to nature.
- Having swimming pools: one of the most important factors, especially some customers prefer infinity pools.
- Restaurant with a variety of cuisine: depending on customers, each resort should have various restaurant menus fitting to customers’ tastes. However, do not forget to include local dishes to increase your cultural value.
- Full marketing of internal utilities: skin beauty spa, sauna, gym, BBQ area…
Thus, in order to ensure a revenue breakthrough, it is necessary to clarify the differences of the resort when developing a marketing strategy, especially looking for the most potential customers. Hopefully, some of the above suggestions will help you understand the differences and how to build a reasonable resort marketing strategy better.