Learning Hub Covers
We will guide you through a multitude of essential digital solutions for the accommodation industry.
A website is a great way to showcase what kind of accommodation or tours that your business offers. They help you provide information, get bookings, and also take feedback from your guests. In this digital age, a website is an essential business tool for all hotels.
What makes a good website?
In the digital world in which we now live, a good website is essential for any business- and is particularly important for hotels, accommodation providers, and tour operators. Your website should cover the basics:
- It must be mobile-friendly
- It must load quickly
- It must be secure
- It must make booking easy
- It must look great (great images, clear navigation, all the essential information)
- It must be easy (for you) to update regularly and to add photos and videos
Let’s take a look at the core features of a good website:
What are the options when it comes to websites?
You can choose from a custom website or a customizable theme-based website. Hotel Link offers a wide variety of theme-based websites for your hotel or tour operation. With Hotel Link there are over 40 themes to choose from.
Your theme-based website was designed to make it easy for you or your team to update.
Here we will show you how to update your website content and how to upload new images to your gallery.
Firstly, let’s look at how to update your website content or copy:
Now let’s look at how to add extra images to your website’s gallery:
You can showcase your hotel’s features, activities or rooms on your homepage banner. Some websites also allow a video to be used as a homepage banner. Make sure the images or video that you choose to showcase on your banner area are of high quality, as you want to make a great first impression when prospective guests land on your website.
Here’s how to update your homepage banner:
Your theme-based website is easy to update. In just a few clicks you can change your theme or template and totally refresh it. Just make sure that you check the look of your website, as you may need to modify banners, images or some content to suit your new theme.
Front Desk is considered as a simple Property Management System specially designed for small and medium accommodations to control their daily operation tasks. With the interactive calendar managing all booking statuses and booking information, the reservation staff can collect necessary data at a glance.
The calendar is set as the default workspace in the Front Desk. You can do room allocation, check details of bookings such as guest names, values, etc within the different time span and check the room status like clean or dirty in a hassle-free visual manner. Let’s have a look at how you can manage your accommodation’s routine works easily with Front Desk’s calendar:
Now, let’s take a look at how to set up the calendar:
There must be some occasions that your accommodation needs to close specific rooms and prevent it from being booked online due to maintenance or any relevant reasons. Front Desk provides you with a function to take the action quickly.
The system also allows you to create a booking manually in some cases such as walk-in guests or booking through calls. You can add the new booking to the calendar for visual management alongside other bookings in the same period.
How to manage room and booking on the calendar?
You can edit the name of the created rooms in each room type and check the details of every booking right on the calendar. By hovering the mouse over the booking, you can see all relevant booking information like guest name, check-in/check-out date, booking source, any extra service used and the booking amount.
Moreover, in the case of a guest changing room, you can re-allocate any booking to another room in the same or different room type simply by drag and drop action. If the booking is allocated to another room type with a different rate, there is a notification to confirm if you want to keep or apply the new rate.
Booking Management Module:
This section allows you to search and access all the bookings based on the selected criteria such as check-in/check-out date, booking reference number, source, and status. This is much helpful when you need to quickly collect bookings information for further check or reconciliation.
Housekeeping is an indispensable aspect of any accommodation’s daily operation. It involves the task of keeping room status checked and ensure that they are cleaned to be ready for guest stays. This operational task needs to be well taken care of in order to provide guests with the best comfortable service experience.
Front Desk makes it easy for you to manage the housekeeping team more effectively by assigning tasks to the specific people in charge and send the notice to them via text message. You can control the status of all rooms on the calendar as well to identify which rooms need to be cleaned and make sure that everything is ready to welcome the new guest’s stay.
Alongside the basic accommodation service, guests may be willing to pay more to use your extra services such as airport pick-up, spa, bar or sports facility, etc. It also brings you more revenue sources. Therefore, you should create a multitude of extras offered that the guests can choose from, and Front Desk has tool for you to do it.
There are at least two points of time that you should send emails to guests booking your rooms, include: before check-in and after check-out. Pre-arrival email plays a role as a reminder for guests about their booking date and guidance to arrive at your place such as map or support contact for their reference, while post-departure email is referred as a thank for choosing your service sent to guests and a call for leaving their reviews for your hotels. These emails are necessary as it is a tool to create a good impression of guests about the caring service you are providing.
Now, let’s take a look at how you can set these emails to be sent automatically on Front Desk:
Advanced digital marketing can cover many different topics, but we are going to focus on a few of the most popular digital marketing tools and tactics. This includes: Search Engine Optimisation; Search Engine Marketing; Content Marketing; and Social Media.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is the use of digital technologies, devices or the internet to reach your potential guests.
What are the core components of Digital Marketing?
- Website: A website is your very own space on the internet to tell the story of your hotel, accommodations or tours. It should be the centrepiece of your digital marketing activities. Your website should show off your brand and your offerings in a clear and interesting way. Functionally, your website should be fast, mobile-friendly, and easy to use.
- Social Media: Essentially social media is a website or application that allows users to create, share, and interact with content from others. There are more and more forms of social media popping up each year. Social media marketing can be free, or you also paid. Paid social marketing means that you can pay to place your content in front of a targetted audience. Here are some of the most popular social media sites:
- Social networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, Google).
- Microblogging (Twitter, Tumblr).
- Photo sharing (Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest).
- Video sharing (YouTube, Facebook Live, Periscope, Vimeo, TikTok).
- Content Marketing: Content marketing uses images, videos and text or copy to attract potential guests to your website. It’s good practice to publish your content on your website, then share it on your social media channels, via email marketing, through SEO or even through SEM.
- Search Engine Marketing: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) or Pay-per-Click advertising allows you to target potential guests by paying to be returned in their search results. Google Ads and Bing are popular platforms for Search Engine Marketing. With SEM you pay for the clicks that you generate.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a method of generating more good quality traffic to your website via organic search (unlike SEM which is paid for). It includes indexing, backlinking, meta-tagging, blogging, keyword tagging, and other tactics.
Want to know more? Read on, or reach out to us today.
What is content marketing?
Content marketing is the creation and sharing of online material like images, blogs, social media posts, videos, or articles. The content usually does not mention a brand but is created to generate interest in the topic, product or service. For example, you may wish to create a blog that talks about the top 10 dive sites in your country, this blog may be published on your website so that when a potential guest is looking for where to go for great diving in your country they land back on your site. Content can also be shared on your social media pages or even on that of a third party that has some relevance to your brand.
Why content marketing is beneficial
- It helps increase the visibility of your brand
- It helps create links to people with similar interests to the content you are sharing
- It improves brand awareness
- It can help create loyalty and trust
- It helps you to build credibility
- It helps create relevant traffic to your site
How do you create content?
Here’s a simple guide to help you.
What is SEO or Search Engine Marketing?
SEO is a way of optimising your website content to help make it easier for search engines to find you. The ultimate goal of SEO is to attract more organic (free) and high-quality traffic to your website.
How does this happen?
Well, search engines like Google scour the web to help match a searcher with the most relevant content. For example, if I am looking on Google for the ‘best beaches in Fiji’ Google will look through the web and will return the most relevant websites that have the content to match that search.
If your hotel has built a page with information on ‘the top 5 beaches in Fiji’ then Google is more likely to return the link to your website for that users search. Of course, your site must also be well-indexed, considered reputable and is trusted, and your content should have all the keywords in the right places.
Content or articles can also be back linked from other pages, to help get more traffic back to your site.
What are the main benefits of SEO?
The core benefits are that you get free, passive traffic to your website, month after month. But SEO doesn’t simply happen overnight, most SEO projects take roughly 6 months for your site to really start ranking.
Want to learn more?
Reach out to us today and we can help you with your SEO needs.
What is Search Engine Marketing?
Search Engine Marketing (SEM) also known as Pay-Per-Click (PPC) marketing, is paid advertising which targets internet searching. It may target a specific keyword, market, location term or other feature of the demographic.
Why use SEM?
SEM can help direct more traffic to your website straight away. You simply pay to direct the right traffic to your site.
How do I get started?
You would work with a partner to define a strategy to target the right potential customers, then you find relevant keywords and content to attract them. Optimise your website for these keywords. Then you would create ads that would be shown to the searcher. These ads may be display or words only. They should have links to the relevant area or page of your site. Then test your campaign.
It’s recommended that you create ads that are targetted as general ads have a lot of competition so it can be costly. Niche’s and long-tail keyword searches or branded searches can often be more effective.
What are the most common platforms for SEM?
- Google Ads is the most widely used SEM platform.
- Bing Ads is also quite popular.
Want to learn more?
Reach out to us today and we can help you with your SEO needs.